DROPDOWN MENU

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

177/2016 World Social Work Day 2016

MESSAGE TO HATIM, Dept of Social Work
“Promoting worth and dignity of people”

When I was arrived at the Office in this morning. One Invitation letter was on my table enclosing programme which is to observe International Social Work day 2016 at Auditorium, HATIM.  It is a great privilege for me/us to be such an invitee/s. Not only observing as observer but to take part in the item of Group Activity. We, with my colleagues decided to do some activity which will clearly shown the promotion of their worth and dignity.


When the time comes.  Some had gone out for Voluntary Blood Donation as per scheduled, and some had taken Casual Leave for their family affairs. Therefore, we had found that we cannot participate in this observation and decided that we should miss such a great event. Oh, I want to witness a degree of mass migration around the world, which we have not experienced since the Second World War

Being a social worker, this day is very important to refresh and baptize again in our Code and Ethics that we had taken oath. Recapping those principles, method and practices of social work that I was not still qualified to be a Social worker. Having degree in Social work is not enough to become social work practitioner; I should posses a true commitment with urge from inner most to work for the people. “Promoting worth and dignity of people” 

I know that today, themes run for two years and 2016 is the second year for Promoting the Dignity and Worth of Peoples. This address the role of social work facing the situation of refugees and displaced persons. All such effected people are due to Politics and Economic conflicts between Nations or races. We cannot do great things but doing a simple thing can change a lot, ONE STEP IS ENOUGH. We should feel proud of the Institution for organizing World Social Work Day  2016.

This hymn clearly showed all our themes and related topics. While I sing this song silently, ‘a refugee or displaced people or a homeless wandering in a desert or oceans or in a street’ singing this song with sober and calm voice’ on my imagination wall.  Imagine “A child refugee who had not eaten three days, walking slowly in a desert,  carrying full of his bag in search of his safety, food and water for his tomorrow’ sing this song as a prayer.

Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene-one step enough for me.





Dear HATIM,

 we cannot attend in physical but please do remember us while you're observing, Please sing this song if possible instead of Group activity, preferrably in Mizo song, then imagine, Bang Bang Club Photograp, one of the best Photograph in the world. But forgive me gramatical errors/mistakes for having no time to check/edit.
Wish you a happy World Social Work Day

No comments:

Post a Comment